JVC ANNOUNCES NEW EVERIO CAMERA LINE
New line offers enhanced low light and image stabilization performance
and new convenience features.
Las Vegas, January, 7, 2010 – A new Everio line of cameras announced today by JVC offers a range of performance and convenience enhancements in a comprehensive line of high and standard definition models. All provide versatile, high-quality recording and a choice of
media, including hard disk drives, flash memory and SD/SDHC cards.
Performance enhancements for the 2010 Everio line include advancements in low light capabilities and image stabilization, while convenience is enhanced with a new auto recording feature and time lapse recording offered on all models. At the top end of the line are new high definition models with new, more advanced image sensors and one model that features Bluetooth® wireless technology.
JVC’s new Super LoLux improves low-light sensitivity to capture clear images with precise colors even in low-light environments. Super LoLux is made possible by a back-illuminated CMOS sensor incorporated in selected HD models and a high-sensitivity 1/6” CCD in standard-definition models.
This year’s line includes six high definition models and four standard definition cameras. In both categories consumers can choose among hard disk drive/card slot models and flash memory/card slot cameras. For 2010, JVC also offers a standard def model with dual SD/SDHC card slots.
For a steadier picture, JVC this year introduces Advanced Image Stabilizer that ensures steady images even while walking, and is especially effective when shooting bright scenes from full wide to 5x zoom. Available on all models, Advanced Image Stabilizer uses a wide-angle image sampling area that is four times larger than that of conventional systems.
Time-Lapse recording is a sophisticated but easy-to-use feature for time-lapse shooting in one- to 80-second intervals, enabling hours-long segments to be reduced to seconds, such as the continuous recording of changing sky patterns spanning an entire day.
Auto record, a new feature, automatically initiates recording when a person or other moving subject enters the picture and the luminance changes, a great convenience for home surveillance, monitoring a baby, recording wildlife, taking group shots (instead of using a self-timer) and more.
Digital files created with the new Everio cameras can be easily shared in a variety of popular formats with the enhanced Everio MediaBrowser software for Windows ® , which now provides automatic conversion of HD and SD videos for immediate sharing on YouTube™, including both down-conversion and up-conversion. Files can also be directly exported to iTunes ® and synced with an iPod ® or iPhone ® , or burned to DVD, all with just a few mouse clicks using the Everio MediaBrowser application.
New features exclusive to the new Everio high-definition models start with a KONICA MINOLTA HD LENS, currently one of the world’s smallest and slimmest HD lenses, offers 30x optical magnification, the top level zoom ratio for a high-definition camcorder lens on the market today.
Everio high-definition models automatically switch between two internal media for continuous, uninterrupted recordings. Users can shoot seamless, drop-out-free recordings using dual SD cards or flash memory. HD-model enhancements also include Face Flow Thumbnail, which displays thumbnails from a particular section of a video by automatically selecting and zooming into human faces.
The 2010 Everio series features an all new, slim design that’s fashionable, easy to carry and comfortable to hold. Portability has been further enhanced with a redesigned grip belt that now works in two handy ways, as a conventional handle-style grip when both ends are snapped in place or as a strap when one end of the belt is released. The series offers three distinctively glossy body colors — black, red and blue.
Microsoft ® and Windows ® are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
|Availability||National Ad Value|
About JVC U.S.A.
JVC U.S.A., headquartered in Wayne, New Jersey, is a division of JVC Americas Corp., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Victor Company of Japan Ltd. JVC distributes a complete line of video and audio equipment for the consumer and professional markets. For further product information, visit JVC’s Web site at http://www.jvc.com or call 1-800-526-5308. Follow JVC on Twitter: http://twitter.com/JVC_USA .
# # #
- Microsoft ® and Windows ® are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries
- The Bluetooth ® word mark and logos are registered trademarks of Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by JVC is under license.
- iTunes, iPod, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the United States and other countries.
- YouTube and the YouTube logo are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of YouTube LLC.
- The SD and SDHC logos are trademarks of the SD Card Association.
- All brand names are trademarks, registered trademarks, or trade names of their respective holders.
NOTE TO EDITORS: An electronic version of this release and high-resolution images are available at: http://www.jvc.com/ces
404 Not Found
JVC 2010 Everio Cameras Features List
High Definition Everio Cameras
GZ-HM1 HD Everio
HD Memory Camera
- 64GB Internal Flash Memory and SD/SDHC card slot
- 1/2.3” 10.62 Megapixel Back-illuminated CMOS Sensor
- Real 10 Megapixel Stills with ISO6400 High Sensitivity
- Optical Image Stabilization System with Advanced Image Stabilizer
- 16x Dynamic Zoom † (KONICA MINOLTA HD LENS)
- Time-Lapse REC
- High-Speed Recording (600fps) for Ultra-Slow Motion Playback
- 15fps 10 Megapixel Motor Drive Shooting
- Simultaneous Recording of Full HD Video and 5.7 Megapixel Stills
- K2 Technology for High-Quality Audio
- Shooting-Oriented Design
- Seesaw-Style Zoom Lever
- Direct Control Buttons & Multi-Function Control
- Accessory Shoe, Headphone Out, Mic In
- One Touch Export*
- One Touch Upload to YouTube™* (HD Compatible)
- Direct DVD Creation with SHARE STATION ®
- Face Detection
- Auto Flash & Auto Illumi. Light
- Laser Touch Operation
- Everio MediaBrowser
- Color: Black
† 15x when Advanced Image Stabilizer set to ON
* Using bundled Pixela software for Windows ®
|GZ-HM550 HD Everio HD Memory Camera|
† 15x when Advanced Image Stabilizer set to ON
|GZ-HD620 HD Everio HD Hard Disk Camera|
|GZ-HD500 HD Everio HD Hard Disk Camera|
|GZ-HM320 HD Everio HD Memory Camera|
|GZ-HM300 HD Everio HD Memory Camera|
Standard Definition Everio Cameras
|GZ-MG750 Everio Hard Disk Camera|